Thursday, February 14, 2013

#ProjectMilf: My Milf Idol


Happy Valentine's Day Future Motivating &Inspiring Leading Female....
hope you are as sweet to yourself as the chocolate and candies
 that will be savored and enjoyed all day today!!



Week 1 of the project was all about introducing ourselves...
hope you stopped by the blogs of all your fellow ladies to say hello
 and also to encourage and support.
In honor of Valentine's Day, Week 2 of #ProjectMilf 
is all about celebrating the Milfs in our lives. 
The women we want to emulate because of who they are and how they motivate 
and inspire themselves and others.  
And of course while we are celebrating these fabulous ladies, 
we will update our #ProjectMilf goals.
  
Take it away ladies!!

******************************************

My Motivating & Inspiring Leading Female Idol has to be my mother and older sister. 





I chose the two pictures because both my mom and sister were similar stages in their lives as myself.  
Young, in their prime, best shapes of their lives, happy, newly married and raising young children. 
These women have proven to me over the years that there is nothing that I cannot accomplish.  
Nothing in this life is impossible.  And to live is to dream.  And to dream is to live.  
These two women have shown me over the years that hard work is what you do.  
Both have sacrificed for me individually and collectively for me to have all the 
opportunities and perks I have today.  Because of them I do not have to struggle.   
Both at young ages took on so many family responsibilities and I can only marvel at.  
Because of this, they inspire me to do better everyday.  
They motivate me to be a better daughter, sister, mother, daughter, friend.  
 They inspire me to achieve my goals every single day sometimes by sheer determination.  
Another reason these ladies are considered my Milf Idols is simply 
because they are strong, passionate and determined.

My Weekly updates:
This week, I "sabotaged" more than I "procrastinated" on my goals which is saying a lot.  
But here are my uninhibited updates.

1) Healthy Lifestyle Change
Weekends are my weakness so last Friday and Saturday were terrible eating days including popcorn, soda and Chinese food.  So Sunday through the rest of the week,  I more proteins like chicken, veggies, fruits and yogurt...thank God for Greek yogurt.  My tangible goal this week is be present with food...that should help me eat what my body needs: protein, veggies, fruits.  Workout, I did not run which is NOT good since I am training for a half marathon in March.  I did weight training, thank goodness for the jungle gym.

2) Emotional Wellness
This was a total fail....I did not journal at all this week.  And there were so many thoughts running through my mind that would have been good to write down and work through.  I will journal today.

3) Spiritual Fortitude
I am doing a Bible Plan from She Reads network and that has been going really well.  I usually read them in the evening before bed.  It really helps to put me in a peaceful frame of mind before bed.

All in all, this week was good...
it could have been better and that's what this week will be...
I will be more mindful and purposeful with my action steps.

Now it's your turn...link up, grab the button and share:
your Motivating & Inspiring Leading Female Idols  
and your weekly updates on your Milf goals!!










16 comments:

Brandi said...

Thank you for inviting me to join your link party! Your mom and sister sound like beautiful women. So glad you have them in your life.

Nicole said...

You should give yourself a "cheat" day. I find that knowing I have a day where I can eat whatever I want makes it easier to eat cleanly the rest of the week.

Cece said...

Weekends can be very hard! You are out of your routine and there is more temptation. Keep working on it.

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Your mom and sister sound like two extremely inspiring women!
Don't be too hard on yourself this week. We're just getting started and you can start fresh this week!
I agree, weekends are super-hard! I polished off a whole bag of Oreos this weekend (Rod only had three...).
Today is the start of a new, and better, week! Let's do this! :)

Erica Teal said...

I agree we are just getting started. You did a great job if you ask me as you are mindful of where you need improvement and knowing and accepting is half the battle right. P.S. Jealous of your Edible Arrangement delivery. How sweet. Happy Valentines Day!!!

Heather said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I think you definitely chose the perfect idols.

Blicious said...

i love your idols! So inspiring and you are right...Nothing is impossible!

xx
b

Aleta said...

Love to read when Moms are the inspiration. That is a beautiful thing.

But Greek yogurt? I've tried it and can't find one that I like! :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

So inspiring, love this!

toi said...

you mum and sister sounds incredible. I love how women are so inspiring on daily basis.

i think that weekends are so hard because we are just so happy it's here, so i understand your struggle I have the same problem over here. i believe a cheat day is good on the table :)

Joi said...

I like this project. I'm the big sister but I learn so much from my baby girl every day. I choose my Mother and Sister as well. Glad you had a good week and thanks for visiting. Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady

Pegster said...

Your mom and sister definitely sound like 2 very inspiring ladies. My mom is so my idol too. I love how well you are keeping yourself accountable. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs in Training said...

Love your MILF definition! Such a great idea. Mine is definitely my mother :)

Teresha Freckleton-Petite said...

I love this project. I am going to have to try it the next go round. You come from a long line of beautiful and strong women, so you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Think about fields that interest you, talents with which you are blessed
and needs that are not being met to come up with your own list of outside the box job ideas self employment.
You should teach your dog and talk to him during training sessions.
With the Easy Walk Harness, if your dog attempts to pull forward the
straps across the chest and shoulder blades begin
to tighten.

Here is my blog :: dog training austin tx