Thursday, March 14, 2013

#ProjectMilf: Week 6


Good Morning my fellow Motivating Inspiring Leading Females (#MILFs)....
we are in Week 6 of #ProjectMilf and it's that time again
 to update each other on what we've been up
 and what we are getting into next week.  
Last week was all about adding something more 
to our lives that motivates and inspires us to meet our goals.  
Well this week is all about subtracting something away 
from our lives which may hinder us from meeting our goals (procrastination) to help us.  

And just to inspire us all...Tia Mowry wrote a wonderful article 
on her blog this week which was all about her motivating tips 
and how she got back into shape after her son.  
She is definitely a Motivating Inspiring Leading Females (#MILF).
She will be the inspiration for Week 7...stay tuned!
Now onto Week 5 updates and what I have in store for Week 6.

EQ5cf86wqemaawmYvY3K0mkq.jpeg:Amazon:photo




My Weekly updates:

1) Healthy Lifestyle Change
Woohoo!! I didn't make it to the gym but i did make it to a workout group at my school.  They work out to the Insanity DVDs and that was a serious workout.  My legs are still burning.  And this weekend is the half-marathon, I am so not ready because i didn't train the way I wanted but come next week, I will updating that i finished that race not matter how long it takes me!! I will walk the entire course if i have too.  Last year, I ran the half-marathon while 17weeks pregnant and it was one of the best feelings I have ever had...this year I am running/walking it and feeling almost as empowered.  And the fact that Baby Pancakes gets to be there with me is such a special feeling.  

2) Emotional Wellness
I focused on my eating and I was NOT an emotional eater which has been awesome.  Also i need to fit into a bridesmaid dress in less than two weeks.  So i have extra motivation but I should be motivated all the time.  I did find myself thinking of the poem from last week.  I even reminded one of my kids at school that "you are the captain of your soul."

3) Spiritual Fortitude
I didn't do well this week again.  I continue to listen to my gospel music in the mornings.  But i need to do better with my daily devotionals and attending Church.

Now it's your turn...link up, grab the button and share:
your Motivating & Inspiring Leading Female Idols  
and your weekly updates on your Milf goals!!



11 comments:

toi said...

You go lady. you are doing well, because little by little you will get there :).

Heather said...

Good luck with the half-marathon! Even when I was at my most fit, I wasn't ready to take on something like that, so way to go!

Aleta said...

Wow she is an inspiration. I'm looking forward to when my dr gives me the ok to workout again since the c section.

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Sounds like you are doing GREAT with your goal!
Can't wait to hear about your half marathon!
I can't believe you ran a half marathon while 17 weeks pregnant! You are superwoman!!!

Keep up the great work! :)

Mrs JK said...

I said before and I'l say it again, you ladies are an absolute inspiration!

ericateal said...

I was pretty busy yesterday to make my rounds to comment but wanted to say love the post and hang in there! So proud everyone is doing well. :)

Sarah and Stewart said...

I've heard those Insanity workouts are absolutely nuts! You go girl!

Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama said...

Yes, keep going. Tia...man wow.

Pegster said...

Tia looks amazing definitely inspirational.

You go girl keep up with the good work. My hubby was so excited that he inspired someone :)

Deidre said...

Good luck with the half marathon you'll be great! I cannot believe you ran 17 weeks pregnant! You're a champ.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Wow Tia looks amazing and is such great fitness inspiration! You are also inspiring and good luck with the half marathon!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living