Sunday, January 16, 2011

LongLazySunday: Being Grateful!

This sunday was spent being grateful because of some things that happened at work. Due to some budget cuts, some of our staff had to be laid off which is always difficult especially when you enjoy your co-workers. Due to this, my Longlazysunday was spent being truly grateful for having a job. I cannot imagine being laid off in these difficult economic times. Like Mr. Pancakes said, "we are truly blessed!"

This sunday was also spent with my "wolf-pack"--my closest friends--doing some wedding related shopping (watch hangover...it will make more sense!) I have been doing a lot of my wedding projects on my own with Mr. Pancakes encouraging and supporting me but it was nice to add the girls input.  I kind of like doing things on my own but today was nice to include other people's input and ideas.  It was helpful to bounce ideas off my "wolf-pack!"  My god-son was there too who is the baby-wolf of our "pack." 

Anyway i hope that everyone had a grateful LongLazySunday! I know it is stuff out there economically however it is great to be reminded that we are luckier than most!  And it is imperative to just take time to be thankful and grateful...especially on a sunday. What a great time!

Happy Martin Luther King Day...i hope you spend the day dreaming about the potential of humanity!

2 comments:

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

Glad you dodged that bullet! It's tough out there! My job recently got traded to another company, and at first I was totally freaked out. But now I just embrace the fact that I have a job, and I will do my best to make it something great.

Christy Ashley said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Congratulations on keeping your job! And on your upcoming wedding!