Sunday, October 30, 2011

Project Pink

{Project Pink} is a fun and touching day
 that Marilyn at The ArtsyGirl Connection invited me to be part of it. 
It's a day to dedicate our blogs to Breast Cancer For A DAY
And of course i was more than willing. 
As part of the project, we are supposed to complete a day of Pink projects
 {Crafts, Food, Touching Stories, Photography and Inspirations} 
ALL PINK ACROSS OUR BLOGS FOR ONE DAY To raise awareness and show WE CARE!

Of course i DO NOT craft and or do food posts
but i am willing to share something inspiring through words and photography.

I wrote a post recently about Good Bad Sexy Sucky Crazy Cancer and this part stuck with me:

Cancer is good. 
Cancer is sexy. 
Cancer is bad. 
Cancer sucks! 
However you choose to refer to cancer, in the end it's TERRIFYING!  
However one chooses to express their experience with cancer, 
it is their experience 
and it should be respected.

Source
Pinned Image
Source
Today i want to reach out to all the individuals that are battling breast cancer.
Keep Calm & Fight On...
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Source
This was a difficult video to watch however it's an important message we all need to hear.
I was really emotional for her when i found out she has breast cancer. 
 But i wish her speedy recovery!
Just as i am wishing everyone a speedy recovery!
Let us take care of ourselves ladies.
We matter!
Project Pink should not ONLY occur in October...
we should be taking care of ourselves every month, every day...ALL the time!

10 comments:

Chelsea Finn said...

You are so right. This should be all the time, not just one month.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You are awesome to raise awareness. I cried when I heard about Giuliana's diagnosis, but I was so proud of her for speaking up. I think she will help a lot of women face reality and get checked

Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama said...

Yes, I totally agree. To me? Cancer sucks, and it seems to be multiplying all around me. It's mindboggling. I am a huge fan of Giuliana Rancic, and I love her show and I think she is an awesome person. To see that happen to her is just well...awful. I love the quote of putting ourselves on the to-do list. If I had finally gotten started on that vision board that I said I was going to do, I'd put that on there for sure. great post as usual!

The Vox said...

Thank you for sharing this :) I definitely think that we should do this more often and it shouldn't be a one month thing. I'm so glad you posted the video. A blessing in disguise and I'm so glad you she found out before getting pregnant.

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Thanks for sharing this clip. It never occurred to me that I should think about getting a mammogram before turning forty; but I think I'm going to go get one. You can never be too careful.
You're right, every month should be cancer awareness month!

Emily grapes said...

I was surprised she has breast cancer too. It seems so common. I know someone who keeps getting it and has found lumps since she was 20!

It would be great if they found a cure or a stop to it!

Emily w/Amazing Grapes

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

It bothered me too when I heard she had breast cancer. I always felt for her and I know she wants a baby so bad. I feel for her..

www.cancerinthecity.com

Heather said...

I fully agree that cancer awareness and prevention should be a part of our lives each and every day!

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

Cancer awareness is so important, and I agree, it should be part of our everyday lives.

Francisco Coskillas said...

Be certain the forklift is directly in front of a load, but without being too near or far. In addition, in order to qualify for forklift training it is essential that people have a basic comprehension of both verbal and written English because this is how the courses are delivered. Any person who will operate a forklift will get full training from the corporation. Who is in charge of forklift certification? Forklift Tilt Cylinders Irion Komatsugas Atlanta Forklift Driver Occupation In Kansas City