Monday, June 18, 2012

Mommylogues: Sumo Wresting Mama!

It's a happy Monday again Ladies...
hopefully you all had an awesome Father's Day!
Team Pancakes went to a baseball game...
good times even though our team lost!!

Now onto this morning's post...
As a pregnant woman, i have become extra clumsy!
I drop everything and anything...
If i am holding it...chances are i will drop it.

When i drop something on the floor 
and there is no one around to help me pick it up...
(because people ARE really extra nice to pregnant people!)
i have to squat....sumo wrestling style to pick it up!

It is the most cumbersome thing having to pick up something off the floor
with a basketball in your belly.
And it happens all the time now where i am dropping things that i need.
It makes me miss being able to bend over.  
I miss my flexibility.  
But at the same time i know this is all happening for a short time.
The more my baby grows...the more my belly will get biggger.
And that's a wonderful and beautiful thing.
  
And the best part of dropping things and picking it up sumo wrestler style...
i am exercising my thigh muscles...
at least i like to think i am!



Via


Question of the Day:
What are some of your clumsiest moves....while pregnant or otherwise?



14 comments:

Nellie said...

Good for you! Honestly the further I got along, I simply would just count it as a loss. I would drop something, look at it, look at my belly and say "oh well!" :) Forget it if my laces are untied....

Mimi said...

I was so clumsy, I even fell a couple of times. My balance was way off.

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Ahhh CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't believe I haven't visited in so long. Yes, I was a terrible clumsy mess while pregnant. I avoided heels at all cost and lived in Uggs and flip flops :)

Kandi-STYLE said...

Ahhh, look at you! Well when I was pregnant, my balance was waaay off. During my pregnancy I lived overseas and I convinced my co worker to drive me an hour to Wendy's! I was sooo excited to get "real food" <-- LOL. On the way back to the car I somehow lost my balance and fell belly first onto the sidewalk (@8.5 months). My greedy behind was still holding my food and drink up over my head! SMH.

Optimistic Mom said...

I don't think I was clumsy but probably because I walked like a duck to make up for the gravity shift. lol

Mrs. Pedersen said...

Congratulations on baby pancakes!! =)

Karla said...

Hahah I totally got a mental picture! Oh gee knowing me I would milk the whole thing .. prob call my husby and be like “I really need your help I just dropped my eyeliner” haha kidding! But you’re right its only for a short period of time.. what you’re creating in you is beyond any squats!! lol

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Seriously cannot even imagine how being pregnant can really throw you off!

Karen Macklin said...

Haha. This post made me laugh. I too had to do the sumo wrestler move when I was pregnant. Good times.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I would imagine that it's so challenging to get used to the changes your body is going through. Work those thigh muscles! :) xoxo

Faith said...

Anything to work out the thighs ;)

And the picture you have created in my mind makes me giggle. I promise I am not laughing at you but with you :)

his little lady said...

haha, you are too cute girl! i always think that sumo wrestling pick up move from pregnant woman is always the cutest. don't get me wrong though, 99% of the time i help them pick something up. ha
xo TJ

Sunny LouisvilleSlugger said...

I am really clumsy, according to my husband. in my opinion, the walls just get in my way. I run into walls, the bed, the couch, whatever and end up with bruises on my legs constantly.

Hello, Mrs.Robinson! said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! When I was pregnant I had the most difficult time remembering anything. This was a big problem at my job, but I made it through. LOL!