I finished one of my first Morning feedings and thought i would blog before returning to bed...
nowadays i get blogging done when i can...
So as a Political Science graduate...yes in my younger days
I had visions of becoming a Lawyer and possibly
serving in some capacity as a Civil Servant...
but that was before i realized what a dirty dirty world Law and Politics was.
Nevertheless...i still enjoy the drama that this field brings
and there is nothing better than Election Decision Night.
Seriously, is there anything more exciting than a day
in which the whole country comes together for a common purpose...
to cast our vote for the next POTUS (President of the United States).
Mind you as a country we come together to vote
for the next American Idol or the winner of the Voice and Dancing with the Stars....
but those votes seem trivial in comparison to voting for the next leader of the free world!
The coming together of people on Election Decision Night makes me giddy.
For one night...we are all united in a common goal:
to find out who will lead for the next four years.
Regardless of who you are rooting for...we are all curious
to know who will win so that the hoopla that surrounds the campaign process can come to an end.
As exciting as politics can be...i think we all get weary of the hoopla!
So here are some of the reasons i am glad this Election season is coming to an end:
1) All the darn "I Approve This Message" Ads will end
2) Lawn signs...so unsightly
3) The lying and backstabbing can stop (at least for one day)
4) Long Voting Lines (we can return to the only long lines that matter, Starbucks)
5) Prompts to vote for Question this and Prop that (so many of them)
6) The media can return to reporting on the Kardashian family
(so much is going on right now--i say this cynically)
7) People can stop saying: For the Love of Country & Forward
8) Sarah Palin can return to what she does best (making money doing NOTHING)
9) People can stop bashing the candidates they are not voting (on blogs and TV)
10) We have four more years until we do this again!!!
Just so you know.... four years comes by really fast and a lot can happen in four years.
Four years ago...i was dating Mr. Pancakes.
We had just started to become more serious as a couple.
I had just moved from Canada to the USA.
I was in a new job.
I survived Thyroid Cancer.
I survived an Earthquake and many crazy storms.
The little niece is in College.
Fast forward four years later...
Mr. Pancakes and I are married with a Baby Pancakes.
It's amazing all the life changes that can occur in four years.
Anywho...there have been many thoughts in one post....
the message behind this post is that Politics can be fun and exciting
but also annoying because of all the hoopla.
The most important message though is
exercising your VOICE and VOTING!
This is Team Pancakes and we APPROVE this message!!!
Question of the Day:
Are you excited/sad to see the Presidential Campaigns come to an end?
(oh by the way, don't forget to enter my Birthday Giveaway here...
i will announce be drawing a winner on Friday).