Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Getting to Know Mom Series: Day 26

Getting to Know Mom Series Day 26 What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?

This is an essay type question if i ever heard one but i am not going to answer it that way...just because i really don't like writing essays anymore.  

However, i will attempt to be thoughtful.  The one notion i think the world has wrong is the belief that "waging wars is the right path to peace."  I understand that some people are always going to believe that war is the answer to getting some things done but i honestly don't believe this to be true.  There have been many wars fought over the years and there still isn't peace throughout all the world.  If anything, war begets violence, retaliation and more wars.  

Even in our households, if you are angry and upset all the time, the other person is only going to become angry and upset.  However, if you act towards another in love and kindness, the behavior which is reciprocated is love and kindness.  I have never met someone that met love and kindness with anger and violence.

Therefore, "waging a war is the right path to peace" is the popular notion the world has most wrong. 

Lesson for Day 26: If something is wrong, use your voice to speak out and up.  Never silence yourself from speaking the word of truth!


Source: skreened.com via GMO on Pinterest


3 comments:

Cam | Bibs and Baubles said...

I agree with you. Many times I think people jump to the place of war because some believe it shows strength. It's interesting how we wouldn't teach our kids that fighting is the solution but we'll practice it as a country.

Gee said...

Agreed! War makes the situation worse in my opinion too.

Aleta said...

Hmmm, it's an interesting topic and though my heart agrees with you, my mind says.. "Well.. maybe...." I guess it's because I'm protective and I'd choose to fight if I had to defend.