Thursday, June 27, 2013

#ProjectMilf Monthly Review & Day 27

Today marks the first monthly update for #ProjectMilf which is pretty exciting because we haven't caught up with everyone in a long time.  And i am so overly excited about reading about everyone's updates.  Also there was a prompt for everyone to share something fun and exciting they have been doing this summer.



I will be combining Day 27 of  Getting to Know Mom Series's question: What is your favorite part of your body and why? with my monthly update about my goals about my health and wellness.

This is another great question for so many reasons.  Currently, i am having a love/hate relationship with my body.  But then truth be told...I have mostly had a love/hate relationship with my body.  The love: when I am being healthy by being mindful of what i use to fuel and nourish my body, i feel strong and fit and comfortable in my own skin.  I feel love and gratitude toward my body for all that it is capable of doing including carrying a baby for 40 weeks.  The hate: comes from the choices i make when i eat fried/fatty things which then results in unhealthy results including excess fat and not fitting into my clothes appropriately.  The love/hate relationship with my body definitely has an impact on my favorite part of my body because depending on which pendulum i am on...my favorite part of my body could change.

With all the factors lining up...I would have to say my favorite part of my body are my arms.  When i am healthy and fit...i think i have killer arms...i have always had nice arms but when i am doing strength training...they are by far my favorite part of my body.

The strongest part of my body....if you were to ask your father...he would say....would be my shoulders....apparently i have naturally strong shoulders...i don't know if that is something i want but i guess sometimes you can't help what God gives you!

In order to maintain my health and wellness and work on building up my strength, I have been running and doing strength training more consistenly.  I almost at 5miles without keeling over, which makes me super excited because my running buddy has been waiting for me a little too long.  

And there you have...my long winded answer to Day 27 and my monthly review for #ProjectMilf.   The lesson today is: Take care of your body and your body will take care of you, always!

For my prompt: We've been trying to do some fun things this summer including taking swimming lessons for Baby Pancakes.  He has been having a lot of fun.  We had a fun time going to the lake and beach and this weekend, we are heading to Great Falls in Virginia.  I am loving spending family time together.  


Now it's your turn...link up, grab the button and share your monthly reviews and 
some of your fun activities for the summer.











1 comment:

Heather said...

Great post! Being good to your body and taking care of it is so important. Have fun in Great Falls! I've been there and love the area.