Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Good, Bad & Ugly of Thanksgiving...& Giving Thanks!



Team Pancakes would like to run down some of
 the good, bad and ugly of Thanksgiving...
before giving thanks and grubbing!



1) Family
2) Great grub (food)
3) Church Service
4) Fellowship
5) Basketball/Football  games  all day(Mr. Pancakes)



1) All the darn cooking
2) All the darn dishes after dinner
3) Traffic & Traveling
5) Football/Basketball Games all day (Mrs. Pancakes)


1) Crazy drunken uncles (you know we all have them)
2) Uncomfortable & ugly bellies
(great read on eating slow to prevent overeating: Athletes4Life)
3) Unbuttoned pants
4) Going to work on Friday



Team Pancakes is thankful for:
 God because without Him we couldn't be thankful 
for our families, friends (including my blogger buddies), 
health and everything in between...
We give THANKS!

 Reasons Team Pancakes readers are thankful:

  • I am thankful for my son, he has made my life complete :)
  • This year I am thankful for my family, my battle buddies, my fiance, and waking up each day to live another day.
  • I'm thankful for days off and sweet puppies to snuggle with!
  • i'm thankful for my family!
  • I am thankful for God's grace and mercy which carries me from day to day.
  • I am most thankful for my family! They are everything to me!
  • I am most thankful for my family! They are everything to me!
  • I'm thankful for friends who are like family, who coming so very far to deliver good news to us in person :) 
    And I'm also thankful for blog friends like YOU
  • im thankful that im alive and i have a good family and that im loved
  • I'm grateful to the Universe for the fact I'm finally starting to be real me and to enjoy in my real life!:)
  •  I am thankful for my dog Monte, who makes me smile even when I don't want to.
  • I am thankful I have a great hubby and adorable kids.
  • I am thankful for my health and strength. =)
  • I am thankful for two healthy little boys. They are my life!! 
  • God has preserved my son and me and blessed us in so many ways (that I could only dream of) and for that, I am truly thankful
  • I'm thankful for another day with my dad. 
    (he has terminal pancreatic cancer & was recently given 6 months, but you never know - everyday is a blessing & an opportunity for hope.)
  • I feel so bless to have my wondenful daughter and husband in my family. 
    God bless you all on this thanksgiving day


p.s: 
enjoy the day and don't stress out too much, 
remember the reason for the gathering...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

20 comments:

Abby the Tiny Traveler said...

Great list! I also HATE to do dishes and there are always so many after Thanksgiving, but I guess getting to eat sweet potato casserole to my hearts content is all worth it!

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

I like entertaining but if it's a huge gathering at home I get everything catered and pay for help to take care of the dishes and cleaning :) Loved this post Mrs Pancakes.

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving!

Claire said...

lol at the crazy drunken uncles! Have a great day! And get someone else to do the dishes!

Law_Fal said...

happy thanksgiving dear!

Mrs. H said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I'll be one of those enjoying the football (Dallas vs Redskins baby!! Woohoo)

Anonymous said...

LOVE all the points! Have a great day!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Haha, love it. Hope you have a good turkey day!

Lisa R Charles said...

Have a beautiful day, Lady!! :-)

Janna Renee said...

Hehe I agree to all of these! Happy Turkey Day!

Luisa Rodríguez said...

i was reading your profile and i realized you guys got married a week before my husband and i did.
being married to an awesome guy really is something to be thankful for !!

"all the darn cooking" haha
http://mustbeliberating.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-hate-cooking-there-i-said-it-again.html

thanks for the visit!

Luisa Rodríguez said...

oh, and by the way: i'm your newest follower!!

Bravoe Runway said...

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you enjoy your time with your family and the holidays always brings the good and the bad of everyone...

Jessica said...

What a beautiful post!!!

Unknown said...

awwww, so heartwarming. i loved reading your good, bad and the ugly of thanksgiving. :) so true though... my list is very similar. :)

happy thanksgiving, my friend. your posts are inspirational.

enjoy the rest of your holidays!

jasmine

LV said...

Happy Thanksgiving! This is such a lovely post! Loved your list of what you are thankful for.

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

Jelena Zivanovic said...

Love this post and lists!! Happy Thanksgiving day to u and your family! Have a lovely time!!!
kisses
Jelena (glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

So many reasons to be thankful!

Thanks for stopping by TheSingingSparrow.com!

Newlymeds said...

Loved this post and how you broke it down for us! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

happy hour 24/7 said...

oh lord, yes, those drunken uncles! luckily for me i don't have to work the day after thanksgiving and with leggings so in right now, i take advantage of it! i wore my stretchy pants!