Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lately...What Are You Eating?


What are you eating lately?
I've been trying to be more conscientious of what i have been eating as of late...
because according to my doctors and nurses, the types and amount of foods we consume 
on a regular basis can be pretty horrendous.  
At least the bad carbs and sugars of the food groups.
Did you know we are only supposed to eat one spoonful of rice per serving?
Huh? What? Come Again?
I thought that was pretty crazy too!!  
Especially because i LOVE rice and spaghetti.
But i digress because this post is NOT about the horrendous-ness of consuming food!  
It is about the enjoyment of it. 
Because lately i have started to have a love/hate relationship with food 
because i cannot eat it the way i want for fear it may not be good 
for my body and hence the baby. 

Therefore, I thought i would share some of the foods 
Team Pancakes and friends have been consuming 
because food can and should be pleasurable at times!!

Oh and imagine a food post on the Adventures of Team Pancakes without pancakes...
it's true...
no pancakes were made (harmed or eaten) for this post :-) 









 Have an awesome Tuesday but before you go...


Question of the Day:
What have you been eating lately?





20 comments:

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

Im drooling over the cold stone! I read that your baby will have a taste for things you craved during pregnancy! Cant wait to see if thats true with my little one, maybe yours will heart pancakes:)

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Cold stone is the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Are these homemade dishes? Because the food looks so good. Especially that one that looks like it might be fish.

CeCe said...

Honestly, aside from my Pizza on Saturday the only thing I've been craving is pretzels. And I'm not pregnant! Do you know I've only had cold stone I think 1 x in my life?

G K said...

Let's not even talk about what I've been eating. Bad food, to sum it up. I've gained about three pounds in the last month -- which really shows on a 5'1 frame.

Which makes it no surprise that I am DROOLING over the big bowl of Coldstone! They closed the one in our area a few years ago -- it was a sad day in the community. For me, at least.

And what is that pasta in the second pic? What did you use to make that? I LOVE pasta (without red sauce), and that looks yummy!

Carlie said...

I loove food! All those pictures look delicious! Lately I've been eating a lot of Dove Dark Chocolate! Yum!

This Cookn' Mom said...

I've been bad. I have just been eating cookies and cakes.

kita said...

We are trying to cut out red meat as much as we can so we have been eating a lot chicken and I am getting sick of chicken.

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

love your meals, so yummy and the salmon and salad. i should cook something yummy like that :)

Faith said...

no Coldstone? i would freak.

and due to the whole fibroid thing, i've stop consuming red meat. i don't really notice a difference but at least i feel a little better because i feel like i'm starving the fibroids. all in my head of course, lol.

all your meals look delish! i'm coming over for dinner!

Renise said...

UM no coldstone during pregnancy? Hmm I may hold off a bit longer on ttc. I LOVE coldstone! When I lived in AZ there was one 2min from my house I'd ride my bike up on a hot day, sit there and demolish a "gotta have it" and then ride back :-) wonderful memories. However now like Gerri (though i'm 5'3) every little pound shows up so coldstone is a special every so often treat! :-)Those meals look great! Do you ever post recipes?

LaShawn Wiltz said...

I've been bad. SMH. So bad. :-(

Sara said...

looks amazing!!! i have been eating a TON of fresh fruit because of warmer summer weather and have developed a new passion for frozen yogurt because of a new yototality that opened near by!

Heather said...

Yum, these dishes look delicious! I have been eating more unhealthily than I should lately, but I'm trying to get back on track.

Katie said...

Girl, those meals look straight up delish! Feeding my little one 3 meals a day has improved my diet :) She eats healthy, and in turn so does mama! Until she goes to bed and I bust out the ice cream or Nutella :)

Arr said...

I love carbs and I have a new addiction to popcorn. Just bad. :(

Bijee said...

Lately, I have been eating everything. Ths baby has me craving all kinds of stuff. As of lately I have been on a salad kick, preferably with chcken eggs red onion and tomatoes....yum!

Unknown said...

I've been eating anything I can get my hands on and thanks to your tempting picture of coldstone I am now craving ice cream!

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

Don't know if I can do a spoonful of rice. I love rice and pasta too.

www.cancerinthecity.com

The Pepperrific Life said...

I ate some processed meat this morning, and I'm not too proud of that. Now, I'm craving for some cake!