Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Vacation Stories!!

What are you doing this Summer?
What are your Summer Vacation Stories?
Team Pancakes wants to know because unfortunately
this summer we will NOT be taking a vacation
 but instead taking a trip into parenthood which we are excited about. 
But probably not as exciting as traveling somewhere fun and exotic 
unless you count mom/baby groups as fun and exotic! 
I know many of you will be taking vacations this summer
and i want to indulge in your Summer vacation plans, past and present.

In thinking about my maternity leave from blogging...
which i am sure will NOT be very long...i was thinking of doing a fun new feature called:
Summer Vacation Stories
where i ask you, my fellow bloggers to share a fun vacation you took during summer. 
The summer vacation can be anytime from childhood, high school, college,
pre-marriage, post-marriage, family vacation, any vacation really
as long as it occured in the summer time!!!
I have a few interested peoples but i am looking for more...
If you are interested in keeping my blog alive and well when i begin my maternity leave...
please email me to share your stories!
Yes i want to live vicariously through you all this summer
while taking care of Baby Pancakes!

Happy Summer Vacation Planning...


10 comments:

Faith said...

Cute idea!

We have a weekend trip planned this June but that's it :(

We don't tend to travel too much in the summer. Looking forward to seeing what others have planned :)

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

such fan idea. we don't have anything plan yet, but we will take some long weekend holidays and then go two weeks somewhere.

Unknown said...

Sounds fun:)

We are taking a vaca to Germany (yay!) and I have 12 weddings I am planning/coordinating in Jun/July/Aug. Pretty much one every weekend til vaca lol. LOVE my job though:) Have a great summer hun!

Janna Renee said...

I emailed you ;)

Renise said...

Best Summer Vacation - In 2010 before we got engaged we took a cruise with 2 other couples. It was a 4 day cruise out of Miami to Key West and Cozumel,MX. We had the best time. Went to MIA early and explored all that south beach had to offer (they have in interesting art museum...) Found a wonderful hotel that was inexpensive and wonderful! (they offered free happy hour for 2 hours each night for guests)
The cruise was great. We got to enjoy dinner each night with very good friends, an excellent waiter - Denny and if he didn't recommend it, we didn't eat it. We learned that the 1st night:-) - We jet skied and shopped, watched the NBA finals on the top deck. We did a lot of things as a group but we also were able to spend plenty of quality time just the two of us. Exploring the ship and the islands we visited! Now we're all married and living in different states, hopefully we'll be able to get together again before the little ones come along!(Sorry so long - I tend to be long winded!)

Pegster said...

oooooh, such a good idea. We are not taking a Summer vacation either, taking care of the baby will be it for us. We just went to LA but that was not really a vacation.

I would love to send you some stories from past Summers tho, we use to be Summer vacation crazy

Bravoe Runway said...

I won't be vacationing this year....no time and nobody to go with.

Alida Sharp said...

We just got back from the US but it was not a vacation at all. We are planning a weekend get away soon so we can rest!!

LV said...

OMG! I have been away too long. How did I miss this amazing news. Congrats!!!!!! Wow! what an exciting time for you:-) I am planning a short trip to Vegas soon.

Anonymous said...

You should definitely take time off...actually you probably won't have a choice (just keeping it real buddy).
I have been on a break myself, I had no idea my summer would be so busy.
This summer we are just enjoying our new location and spending time with family & friends. ;)