Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mommylogues: Tired


You know the days when you are bone tired...
I mean just TIRED....
And you sleep so deep you can't hear anything...
Including your baby?
And when you eventually get out of your coma the next morning...
The hubby says to you, "I thought you were in a coma last night...you were sleeping so deep."
And he whips out his phone to share the recording of you snoring like a wild boar...
You know those days???
I had one of those days the other night.

And then in the morning after your husband shares said recording...
And you deny deny deny that there is no way you sleep that deep and snore that loud...
And then you realize thank God that your husband is such a wonderful father
Because he looked after your baby while you slumbered....deeply.

And then in the afternoon you think about it a little bit more and realize that YES indeed....
You do sleep deep and snore even louder....
But that it's alright because sometimes your body needs to rest!!!
And that's why God invented fathers so they would take over when mothers get bone tired!!
And it's perfectly alright for ladies/mommies to snore!!!



Question to the Day:
When was the last time you had one of those bone tired nights?

Source: 9gag.com via brooke on Pinterest

14 comments:

Jenny said...

I have so many of those. I kind of hate them because then I feel like I didn't sleep at all! Having a 2 and 3 year old and having autoimmune diseases wipes me out, but it is what it is, I guess. I am totally with you.

Kirsten Wiemer said...

i almost feel like that is me everyday.
while i dont have kids i am currently full time student, i also work, and i'm currently trying to find an internship and working on my small photography business. phew.

K

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

So glad you got that much needed rest you needed. Some nights I come home and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Usually after a long day and a long work out. Lucky for you that you have a great husband to help out. You are a team and that's how it's supposed to be.

Lauren said...

love this...I definitely wish that I could sleep so soundly every once in awhile! But I'm such a ridiculously light sleeper!

Good for you for being able to catch up on some much-needed sleep!

Heather said...

Glad you got to sleep! I definitely get that tired after I've been traveling.

kita said...

I use to have them when I worked outside the home I was so tired I was only able to pick up my baby and put him back down when I came in. I still get those days occasionally but not as much. Glad you got some rest take a weekend day to just relax even if just for a few hours.

Printed Bonnet by AyoBE said...

Gosh...with a newborn, I am always tired. But I know I do snore cause I wake up sometimes and my throat is dry!
Your hubby is funny though! My dad did the same thing to my mom cause she REFUSED to believe that she snored :-).

Alida Sharp said...

Glad you got some good sleep! You deserve it!

Aleta said...

Oh my gosh, this has happened to me. My husband has recorded my snoring and I get so embarrassed!

But right now.. I'm lucky to get any sleep. I have to stack my pillows, otherwise the baby is sticking his feet in my ribs and it hurts so much!

Thriftanista in the City said...

I have those routinely EVERY month. E has never recorded my snores but I'm sure they are there.

Mum TOI said...

with such a busy toddler, i am so tired too. lately i can sleep a little bit more because she sleeps through the night some nights but hubby hadn't recorded me snoring yet, lol

Sarah said...

Um, every night? But it's funny because on our drive back from boston I was so tired that I kept falling asleep and my head would like hang down..and then at my point I let out a big snore and it woke me up! And my husband and I laughed so hard!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.