Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Husband was kind of a slut....

Heck no...not my husband!

But it was a catchy title from an article i read in Redbook recently.  
It totally peeked my interest because why this nice lady would want the world knowing her husband was a slut was beyond me! And even before that why she would marry a slut to begin with? But then again, this is not my story so let me share some background information.

Here is the magazine. 


Needless to say, the writer shares her story about her husband's exploits which he detailed in his blog and then a book.  The lady knew about all her husband's sexual exploitation and inappropriateness prior to continuing the relationship and subsequently marrying him.  In the article she speaks about hatching a plan to prick her then boyfriend with a needle to get blood to test for HIV.  This is when i went, huh? 

Is this lady really telling the world that she knew her boyfriend of six months was sexually promiscuous (since she started reading his blogs after their first date) and slept with him without worrying about his HIV status prior to sleeping with him? And now she is sharing her story in Redbook.  Am i missing something? 

The tag line in the article is: Could he (the husband) truly have let go of his past and become a one-woman guy? Which makes for an interesting read right? But as soon as i started reading the article, the question that popped into my head was: is this woman crazy enough to even start a relationship with a man that wrote in his blog that he had cyber-sex, indulged in threesomes before his first marriage and slept with prostitutes?

I mean, is she NUTS! Please read the article here if you are interested! 

His answer after she confronts him is: "Those women, those days, are gone...you are exactly what i want. I'll do anything." Two years later, she married him. 

The message i am assuming from the article is learning to trust the person you are with regardless of their past! After all, love conquers all.  
But really ladies, let's get real, 
Would you date or even marry someone that was considered a slut?

  


19 comments:

Kim said...

Mrs. Pancakes I must read this article. I do believe in change but it seems hard to trust someone after knowing all that. I'm kind of in that situation now. I haven't even shared that on my blog but this guy I'm talking to told me about his past and what I consider slut behavior. I was turned off completely. I can't see past that the see a future with him because I will always be worrying about whether he is still being a slut. I don't want to be in a relationship and have those worries. I'm not judging him because I understand just not for me.

Sophia Chang said...

Oh lord this just makes me shake my head. You pointed exactly the salient thing - why in the world did she sleep with him knowing his past and THEN want to find out his HIV status afterward????? And "prick him" - so she couldn't even ask him and be upfront? Train wreck.

SZM said...

Oh gosh.....I think I would shy away from a guy slut.

CeCe said...

That article made my stomach hurt. What if she HADN'T discovered that blog? Although I believe everyone has the ability to change their sluttish ways, that relationship sounds like a disaster. I want her to write a follow up in about ten years..

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I dated a guy that had had A LOT of partners before me - and he was my FIRST. Although I tried to pretend like it didn't bother me in my heart I know it did. I was forever comparing myself to his past even though I didn't know much about it (I preferred to not hear about his past exploits). For me it was just too hard to deal with.

P.S. I got your card in the mail yesterday, thank you!

FM said...

Eww. I'd like to say no, but with so many sluts running around these days, its hard to find a guy who isn't! lol. My hubby isn't - I should put that out there but I feel like in this day and age, it is totally socially acceptable to be treat sex like recreation. I think as long as the guy/girl was responsible and showed genuine maturity since the said exploits, you may have something to work with. At least you know u have something to work with in the bedroom... heyyyyyyy... am I right? hi-five? no? okay... lol

Sam W. said...

oh my word! what a crazy article. very interesting, though.

p.s. i buy my quinoa from kroger in the bulk section! you can also find at a whole foods or trader joes for sure.

Sam @ fitness food & faith

Tatiana said...

This is craziness. Sometimes I wonder what some women are thinking? Are they that desperate that they need to be married to such a slut? And I'm going to sound totally judgmental now, but I have this belief of once a cheater always a cheater... Same goes for slut

Faith said...

all i can say is eww no ... can't believe some women. yes, people can change but i don't want to be with a person who has to do that sort of change.

Anonymous said...

I am SO lucky that my bfriend now is/never have been a slut.
I haven't been perfect I can tell you that - but safe sex is a MUST. And I would never "blindly" walk into a relationship and NOT take proper precautions you know??
I am off to read the article.
I have a feeling my jaw is going to be on the ground!

Anonymous said...

Just as I predicted... my jaw is to the ground.
To.
The.
Ground.
I don't even know what to say right now!! haha

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I was honestly shocked too when I read the article!!! The only thing I can say to that lady is good luck to you! And the crazy thing is she is bringing kids into this relationship!

What I Did Today said...

It's pretty normal in our culture to have sex first and ask questions later. That's not how I was raised though and when my fiancee told me he was a virgin, I believed him. If he hadn't been, I wouldn't have held it against him or anything. But, I probably would have asked him to get tested for HIV and STDs. I feel that you just can't ever be too careful.

What I Did Today said...

I should probably add that he WAS my fiancee when we talked about sex. Now he's my husband. We both come from the abstinence before marriage party. :D

Jere and Cara said...

I must confess that I didn't read the article. BUT... my husbands nickname in college was "Jere-jigalo." That pretty much tells me he was a man whore. But it's all good. He loves me, I love him, and what he did 25 years ago can only make me laugh. IT's not like I was perfect. He didn't use women and throw them away, but he did get that nickname somehow. Live, laugh love. I do all of those things and I can't judge him for what he did back before I was even born. (we are significantly apart in age). It doesn't matter because he's mine. and his "jigalo" days are over. :)

Anonymous said...

Note: I am married and no longer in the dating game. lol

However, I don't know if I could date someone knowing this type of background. However, if I got to know the person on a friend level and observed their changed behaviors...there might be some possibility to move forward. The tests for STD's, HIV, etc. wouldn't be something I would trick him into it would be mandatory. Just keeping it real. ;)
This goes to show there is truly someone for everybody........

Mrs. C said...

So suspect! Not sure how I feel on this one. Hope for her sake it's all out of his system but I would for sure be a jealous worry wart!


www.MrsCapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

Cassy said...

Very true - very catchy article.
Thanks for the links.

Cass fromBeginner Guitar Chords

Nicole-Lynn said...

Ewww.. probably not, but then again you never know until you're in that situation?