Thursday, August 25, 2011

The No-TV Challenge: Finito, Fin, Finish, Complete, Done!

The No-TV Challenge is officially over, 
finito, fin, complete, finished, done--you get the point!   
And just in time for Project Runaway! 
It was a great show today by the way. 
And Mr. Pancakes was able to catch the Ravens and Redskins game too.



What i did:

1. Finished reading The Help (will write on this later)
2. Made couscous for dinner
3. Went on a girl's weekend to Virginia (still waiting on pictures)
4. Went to a baseball game with the hubby (celebrated our 120 days of marriage)
5. Survived an Earthquake
6. Discovered a few exciting blogs (i love thealternativebride.blogspot.com: awesome blog)
7. Realized i didn't need television to enjoy my evening
8. Got some extra paperwork done for work
9. Worked out twice a few days out of the week
10. Went to bed at 10pm on monday (that never happens)
11. Completed a few fun posts for TC30s
12. Had my most commented blog entry ever (it was too funny)
13. Learned a little bit about reviews and giveaways on blogger (my first review is coming up next week)
14. Played phone tag with my sister because i was all over the place
15. I am sure i did a lot of other fun fun things i cannot remember now
16. When i turned the TV today, i realized the TV makes a lot of noise!

Am i more self-disciplined because of the No-TV Challenge?
Probably a little more but i am still working on my self-disciplined skills.

Overall, would i do the No-TV Challenge again? 
Definitely YES!

I think moving forward, i will turn the TV on a little less and enjoy other activities a lot more.  
Mr. Pancakes suggested we cancel the cable but i am definitely NOT ready for that.  

But i might try the No-Blog Challenge soon...eek! that might be a little more challenging!



14 comments:

Unknown said...

I did the no TV thing unintentionally for a while when I moved. I too, noticed how quiet it was and I got so much done. Now there are many days I don't even turn it on and I really don't miss it that much.

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

I am so happy you survived... the earthquake. hope there were no big damages in your city.

Well done on te TV challenge, but one day you should try a foresting camping trip and you will really love not turning on your tv as often. We still don't have tv channels, we do have the tv but not the channels, so we watch things off internet when we want. Two weeks can pass without us turning the box on, LOL :).

Monique said...

Congrats on successfully completely your no tv band. We don't have cable, we just watch shows on dvds and movies. it's great because we have control over everything we watch. the tv is loud isn't it. some find it comforting to fill in the quiet time...i'd rather listen to music.

Alida Sharp said...

Congrats on completing the challenge!! We don't watch much but I do love having cable or we couldn't watch at all. Have a great weekend!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Good for you! I love that! Sounds like a challenge I need to do! Our Study is so messy and unorganized and there are a million house projects I've been wanting to do but I'd rather watch a t.v. show! haha Thanks for the inspiration!

Jillian said...

The Help was a fabulous book!

Lauren said...

Way to go! I definitely don't think that NO-TV has to be a permanent way of life, but it's definitely a great way to gain a little perspective on the important things in life!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing the challenge. I don't watch much TV but I spend a ton of time online. I don't know if I could take time off from it. LOL Although, I come close when I am visiting my parents and inlaws...they don't even have a computer.
Anyway, sounds like you had lots of fun. Good for you! I wouldn't get rid of the cable either.....

Ashley Slater said...

It is good to disconnect from technology, especially the tv every once in a while! good for you! you got lots accomplished!

xo,
ashley

Anonymous said...

Holy moly you got tons done!!

CeCe said...

Glad you survived and got something useful out of it.

Sophia Chang said...

Congratulations! I need to go on a No-Cityville ban. Maybe next time you'll join in on my 48-Hour Dark :)

Emily grapes said...

Yay for the no tv! I have cable but I go all day without having it on and finally do around 5. I question why I keep it but I love not having the tv on.

Now..if only I can reduce my internet time..which is my replacement for tv during the day. haha

Thanks so much for the comment love on my blog. :)

Emily w/Amazing Grapes

Delaney said...

Sounds like a great challenge! I definitely watch TV less & less during the school year.