Friday, January 6, 2012

Inspire Me series: Ashley

With Twenty-Twelve (2012) around the corner
 i wanted to share with you someone who totally inspires me!

Ashley is the brainchild behind the Shine Project...and when you visit her blog, 
you cannot help but smile at all the amazing things she is doing for youth in need. 
And she is uber creative too.  Most of you have probably come across her shine necklaces.  
Although she does not like eating pancakes...she inspires me because of how she lets her light shine in the lives of so many people!  And she is always fashionable while doing so!


____________________________________________


Whats your name? 
Ashley LeMieux...Like Le -Moo- Ew  ;)


Where can we find you online?

How and when did the idea of the Shine Project develop? 
TSP developed in January when I chose a word for my year...
The word I chose was Shine. 
My goal was to be motivated to have an outstanding year, 
and I figured that others could probably benefit from it to. 
So, I started a blog to give inspiration. 
Now we raise money for inner city high school students and it has become a non profit.

Why the Shine Project and not another name? 
To shine means to stand out, to glow, to light up darkness...
There's no other word to describe my goal.

What exactly is the Shine Project?
 The Shine Project is a movement to inspire people around the world 
to go after their goals by getting rid of fear and making things happen.




Where do you hope to take the Shine Project? 
Im in the process of creating The Shine Scholarship Project.
 It's mission is to improve the lives of at risk youth through education, service, and family involvement.
 It's a non profit, and I've put my heart and soul into building it up.

What is the Change4Change Campaign?
 Its a way to raise money for inner city high school kids. 
You can pledge to keep a jar, and when you get a $100, send it in to the scholarship fund!




How can people support the Shine Project?
 Pledge a change jar, and spread the word about The Shine Project through social media!

Who or what  inspires you on a daily basis?
 I get inspired by everything. Looking around at different people, 
seeing what they need...
People inspire me more than anything.

Are you living your life's purpose? 
Yes, I definitely feel that I am.

Your Shine necklaces are sort of famous in blogland..
what's the story behing the necklaces?
 I made my first shine necklace to give to a widow almost a year ago. 
She LOVED it, and said, You need to sell these! I thought, hey, lets give it a try! :)
 And the rest was history!

Where can we get the shine necklaces?
 You can see and get them here! 



What are the Shine Events? 
Shine events are events that I plan to get people involved. 
This year we had an event at a womens shelter in Phoenix, 
a beach clean up in San Diego, 
and a huge charity event in October to raise scholarship money. 
They will be spreading across the country this year, so look out for one in your city!



What is the Vintage Shine Shop? 
I LOVE thrifting and finding amazing things for cheap. 
I sell my finds at reallly low prices so you can look fabuless in vintage wear too!

Do you like pancakes? 
No! I actually hate them!

What would you do on a longlazysunday? 
My sundays consist of church for three hours (I'm LDS) then coming home
 and hanging out with my husband and dog, followed by dinner at my parents. 
Same thing, every week!

What advice do you have for someone that wants to live their life's purpose? 
Go for it. What do you have to lose? 
You can spend the rest of your life wishing for something,
 or take a step out of your comfort zone and just do it. 
And, my friend, I know that you can do it.


____________________________________________

Thank you Ashley! And you are so right about going for it and just doing it.
That message definitely resonated with me and i hope it did for you too lovely readers.


It's AMAZING what Ashley has been able to accomplish with her Shine Project in one year.
We can do so many things IF and WHEN we chose a goal and work toward it.
Now ladies go and shine your light in the direction of your goals!

Question of the Day
How are you turning your goals into your life's purpose in 2012?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Shine Mrs. P

I always love reading your features with other bloggers because I really learn a lot.

I had seen the necklace around on blog land but had no idea. I think Ashley is doing a wonderful job!

I am living up to my goals this year by working harder and not giving up.

Happy weekend Mrs. P.

A Haute Mommy said...

This is an inspiring story! I must check out her blog. And yes Mrs. Pancakes I have a new blog. It wasn't my plan to create a new one but I'm excited to keep blogging.

Simply Tasheena said...

Great feature!

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Fashion Pad said...

Awesome project and so inspirational!!!

Hilliary Meisner said...

She is so inspirational! Great post!

Liz Mays said...

I love what she's doing, especially for inner city youth.

But I must admit that I laughed when she said she hated pancakes!

Anonymous said...

She seems like a great woman. I love her project!!!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Her project is so awesome, what a great feature!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

She has a great website! And I love those necklaces. :)

Heather said...

What a wonderful cause! I am constantly inspired by the amazing ways in which people are helping others.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the awesome interview. I'm excited about the shine project just from reading!

Alida Sharp said...

Change for Change is such a great idea. We participated in a similar event here in Belize. It was amazing to see how much change the kids collected and it sponsored a trip to a remote village where they were able to deliver Christmas gifts to 36 children living in poverty.

Great feature...it is always exciting to read about inspirational people!

Unknown said...

You always feature such inspiring stories Mrs. Pancakes!! Love it :)

PS
Have a happy weekend!!

Ms. Geek Goddess said...

Ah, Love this! Love the necklaces and the jars! :) How lovely! I am like Rocker Chic, just trying to live up to my goals in this new year! Great post!

Miesha Roshawn said...

I'm loving the direction of your blog!

I tagged you in a post on my blog today :-)

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

I follow Ashley already but this interview is AMAZING, because it is the second sign today that tells me it is time for me to start working towards my purpose. Thank you so much for this interview

Kelly V. said...

what an inspiring blogger! it's amazing what the blogging world can connect us to these days :) happy new year!